Monday 15 April 2013

We have activity in incubator 3 - Call Duck eggs

Have just had a check on a couple of the 12 eggs in incubator 3 and 2 are both pushing very strongly against the membranes, so hopefully, we're very near internal pip and fingers crossed for a successful hatch (although not too many, as the 3 I have make enough mess as it is!)

Been raining on and off most of the day, so have been doing bits and pieces in between
the showers. I've managed to clean out the Black Pekins, White Silkies, Lemon Millfluer Sablepoots and of course the duck brooder (daily job). If anyone has any idea's on how I can stop them absolutely drenching the brooder every day, please let me know!

I've also recovered my lost youth and found the game Sid Meiers Pirates. I used to play this game solidly when I first got it for my Commodore 64 way back in 1987! It's scary how old that makes me feel as I am still enjoying the game as much now as I did 26 years ago. I don't care what people say about all these fancy graphics and stuff these days, nothing beats the game play of the good old 8 and 16 bit games of the 80's and early 90's!

Anyway, back to Poultry, pretty quiet day on the egg front today, we've had
2 Call Duck
1 Lavender Pekin
1 Buff Pekin
1 White Crested Poland
1 Norfolk Black Turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment