Sunday 28 April 2013

Still no progress on the Call Duck eggs

The Call Duck eggs have still not pipped, but there is still pushing on the membranes, so we'll see what's happening tomorrow. I am going to be patient this time and let nature take it's course!

We've had a lovely day out today at Gilbert Whites House museum in Shelbourne, then went for dinner on Hayling Island, so not done anything with the chickens today. To be honest, I like I am at a bit of a loose end with so few chickens now compared to 2 months ago and I really don't have enough to do to keep me busy all day. It'll change when we move though with all the new pens and houses to build etc!.

All I have planned for tomorrow is cleaning out the brooders and the duck house.

As for eggs, today we've had
1 Call Duck
1 Turkey
1 Friesian Fowl
2 Black Pekin
2 Buff Pekin
1 Lavender Pekin


No comments:

Post a Comment