Monday 8 April 2013

Incubator 1 lockdown and cheeping already

Incubator 1 is now on lock down and there's quite a few eggs cheeping already, so could be welcoming some new chicks into the world a bit earlier than expected.

I have had quite a productive day today and managed to get done everything I had planned. I also cleaned out a few houses and the bonfire is all ready to be lit in about an hour or so.I have also neatly stacked up all the wood we are keeping and covered it, as we've got rain due tomorrow. The electric fence has also been moved as last time I had a bonfire, the heat melted some of the tape and the end of the garden is now clear of pens.

Had an egg from one of our Blue Pekins today, lets just hope they lay a few more before they're sold.

Talking of eggs, today we have had
1 Blue Pekin
1 Silver Partridge Pekin
1 Buff Pekin
1 Black Mottled Pekin
1 Red Pekin
1 Lavender Pekin
1 Poland
1 Friesian Fowl
1 Turkey
1 Call Duck

I also candled the Call Duck eggs today as they are now on day 18 and all 12 look to be developing well with a correct sized air sack, so fingers crossed that we'll hatch some this time :)


No comments:

Post a Comment