Saturday 13 April 2013

Incubator 1 set and Turkey egg fertile :)

I have moved the Turkey eggs into incubator 1 and 1 is definitely fertile, not quite sure about the other 2 yet, so will wait and see. The Turkey eggs are on day 7, so will be due to hatch at the same time as the chicken eggs I have set today. They are:

5 Lavender Pekin
4 Silver Partridge Pekin (in with Buff Pekin cockerel)
3 Black Mottled Pekin
6 White Pekin
1 Blue Pekin
4 Yokohama Bantam
1 White Crested Poland

It will be the last set of eggs before we move and are due to hatch on the 4th of May.

The weather has been atrocious today with non stop rain, so needless to say I've not done much outside today. I cleaned the ducklings out. Something I think I'll be doing again tomorrow a they don't half make a mess!. I also plan to candle the Call Duck eggs that are under a broody Pekin when I put the chickens to bed tonight, so will update on that tomorrow.

The eggs we've had today are :
1 Red Pekin
1 Buff Pekin
1 Lavender Pekin
1 Friesian Fowl
1 Yokohama Bantam
1 Turkey
1 Call Duck


No comments:

Post a Comment