Wednesday 10 April 2013

Incubator 1 - Hatch day 2

The rest have hatched :), since my post yesterday, we have hatched the following: (according to the shells)

4 Silver Partridge Pekin (at least a couple are Polands)
3 Gold Partridge Pekin
1 Freisian Fowl
4 Red Pekin
2 Lemon Cuckoo Pekin
1 Buff Pekin
1 Cuckoo Pekin

So that's a total of 27 out of 31 eggs, The remaining eggs are 1 Buff Pekin, 1 Silver Partridge Pekin and 2 Yokohama Bantams. I think they're all DIS, but will leave them overnight just in case.

The Yokohama Bantams are proving to be a bit of a challenge to hatch, I've only managed to successfully hatch 1 chick out of 3 attempts and about 10 eggs. I've got another couple to go in again this weekend though.

I did manage to get everything done today that I had planned, so I cleaned out the Friesian Fowl, Millifluer Pekins, Old English Game Bantams, Brooder 2 and the 6 week olds brooder.

We also sold our Black Mottled Pekins and our Blue Pekins today, so over the next couple of days, I shall have a bit of a move around so I can take down another 5 pens. Then, that will be all the pen taking down until the week before we move. I have also sorted out, photographed and advertised all the youngters we have for sale today, you can find them all on Fridayads and Preloved. I shall update the website later with them too.

Was hoping to pick up the Call Ducklings today, but car trouble has meant that we've had to pass on them :(, so no new ducklings for us and even greater hope now that some of the 12 we have in the incubator will hatch next week.

I have also sorted out which eggs we will be setting at the weekend to go with our Turkey eggs, so will be listing the other eggs we have on ebay tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment