Wednesday 24 April 2013

Incubator 2 - Hatch day 2

We've now got a total of 31 chicks out and a couple more pipping, I think that will be it, but we'll see in the morning, today's hatch was mainly Pekns, but we had a few Friesian Fowl hatch too. They are all now in the brooder.

Didn't have much chance to top up my sunburn today, been cloudy all day, but  I have been out and finished the garden, including a big bonfire that's still burning away.

Eggs have been rubbish today with just:
1 Buff Pekin
1 Friesian Fowl
1 Call Duck
1 Turkey

Good job I'm not setting the incubator again until we move, as it would be a bit empty.  have decided that the first hatches I shall do when we move will be Miniature Silver Appleyards, Call Ducks and East Indian Ducks in incubator 1 and whatever our chickens lay in incubator 2 and I'll probably throw in 3 or 4 Turkey eggs too!



No comments:

Post a Comment