Thursday 14 March 2013

Pond installation complete, some happy ducks and some achey Mike

Managed to finish the pond today, was just as much hard work as it was yesterday and my shoulders feel like they're on fire. But the ducks were in the pond within a minute of me filling it up, so I guess it was all worthwhile:). I have the usual round on cleaning tomorrow and candling incubator 2. Incubator 1 stops turning and has water added tomorrow too, so I guess, I better clean the brooder, so it's ready as we'll be at the auction on Saturday, so won't have much time to do too much over the weekend.

I have also decided that I am just going to put Call Duck eggs in incubator 1 after this hatch, then will leave incubator 2 until the ducks hatch in incubator 1, so I can set them both at the same time, it'll make life so much easier :)

Eggs are still a bit slow, today we got:
1 Red Pekin, 2 Cuckoo Pekin, 1 White Pekin, 1 Lemon Cuckoo Pekin, 1 Gold Partridge Pekin and 1 Light Sussex Bantam

No comments:

Post a Comment