Friday 22 March 2013

More sodding rain, more of a lake in the garden and the more I want to hurry up and move


We've had a nice afternoon of rain. After a dry morning, the rain thought it would come back and top up the standing water in the garden, much more of this, then I'll need a dinghy to see to the chickens!!!. The problem we have with our garden is that is set on tightly pack hard clay, so drainage is terrible. The area we are moving to is on chalk, so should be a lot more free draining and besides, all the pens will be covered and there'll be a proper path, not a mud track

I did manage to clean the Silkies out today, just before the rain came and put paid to me cleaning out the Red Pekins and Legbars.

Sold 4 of the growers today, so now left with just one large fowl and a Silver Campine cockerel, so I will have a sort out tomorrow, so I can put my 7 week olds outside, 5 week olds in to the hutch than the 7 weeks old are currently in, which will leave a brooder free for the next hatch (due on Easter Sunday), the first Call Duck hatch is due next Thursday, but there is only 4 eggs and I will have them in the cage I got a few weeks ago with a 60w  fire glow bulb.

The Welsummer bantams in the 5 week old's brooder are coming on very nicely, I'm pretty sure it's 4 girls and 1 boy, so very happy with that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment