Friday 8 March 2013

Incubator 2 - Hatch day 2


Lots more chicks today, we now have 19 out and one pipping, We still have 5 more eggs in the incubator, but I'm not sure they're still alive. there's 2 Gold Dutch, 2 Serama and a Buff Pekin (which I shouldn't have put in as it was a bit of an odd shaped egg, but I'll leave them until tomorrow and see.
I've actually lost track of that has hatched, but I do know there are 7 or 8 Serama, 3 or 4 Buff Pekins, 1 Gold Dutch, 2 Lemon Millifluer Sablepoot, 2 OEG Bantams, a couple of Black Pekins, 1 Crele Pekin.

Already have 31 eggs to set the incubator again tomorrow night (mainly our pekins, but a few Light Sussex Bantam and 1 Silver Sebright (Although might still be too early).

Thanks to the miserable weather today, I didn't manage to move some birds around. I had decided that I would move the Sebrights into the pen the Salmon Pekins were in and use their pen for our 6 week old growers (once the coming cold nap has passed). So I've ended up spending the day reading. Lets hope for a better day tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment