Sunday 3 March 2013

New Sebright girl :)

I knew keeping my Silver Sebright boy was worth it when I sadly lost our girl to mareks. He's been living with a part of Partridge Pekin since (alo joined by our White Silkie boy for the same reason). Well today, I managed to swap a pair of the young Old English Game bantams for a Sebright Hen. You should've been my boys eyes light up lol. So now the Partridge Pekins have been moved to a new pen and the Sebrights are happy in their home :)

I've mainly been cleaning out today, seems like the ducks need cleaning out every 2 or 3 days!!. I've got a couple of pens to clean out tomorrow, and the turkeys, then I should be done with the cleaning for a week or so.

I have finished sorted out the new growers, and advertised the ones we're not keeping on our website www.horndeanhens.co.uk there's quite a few on there.

Duck eggs are in the incubator (we'll call it Incubator 3), so will be a few days until we know if they're fertile or now. I also need to lower the Mandarins nest box tomorrow, as it's too high and they don't go in it. I noticed the girl is starting to call this evening, so I don't know if that means she's coming in to lay?, I'll have to look that up.

No comments:

Post a Comment