Saturday 23 March 2013

All change at the Horndean Hens brooder merrygoround


Well, I say no rain today, it chucked it down overnight and the garden was more of a swamp then ever...in some places the puddles came up to my ankles!. I have managed to get a lot done today though, have cleaned out the Sebrights, Red Pekins, most of the brooders and have moved the youngsters around, so now the 8 week olds are outside in a double rabbit hutch, the 6 week olds are in a hutch in the shed without heat and the 4 week olds are in brooder 3 (which has a ceramic heat lamp). I have cleaned out and disinfected brooder 2 and the cage I plan on using for the ducks and now having a well deserved cup of coffee :)

At the moment, I have no plans for tomorrow as I'm on top of everything now, so might be able to have a quiet day indoors.

On the egg front we've had so far today:
1 Red Pekin
1 Buff Pekin
1 Gold Partridge Pekin
1 Lavender Pekin
1 White
1 Lemon Cuckoo Pekin
1 Silver Partridge Pekin
1 Old English Game Bantam
1 Yokohama Bantam
1 Call Duck

I shall candle the eggs in incubator 1 and 3 (the call duck eggs) tomorrow, so fingers crossed that the White Pekin and Friesian Fowl are fertile this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment