Friday 15 February 2013

Yay...It's Friday

 Not much to report today. The birds have been enjoying the sun. So much so, that they seemed to forget to lay eggs!!! Hopefully a few days of this will dry the garden out a bit!. Finished setting Incubator 2 with 10 Serama eggs, 2 Silver Sebright and 1 Sablepoot + 1 Crele Pekin from our birds. So that brings the total up to 36, as I managed to drop the corner of the lid on the Lavender Pekin eggs :(.

Auction day tomorrow, so have been preparing our crates and carriers. Tomorrow morning will be the time for me to bid a fond farewell to our Shamo hen, as she's listed in the auction. She's such a sweet bird and I really like her, but Shamo's is not something I'd be breeding, so she's taking up valuable space here...she needs to go and find herself a husband. The Indian Game were also listed, but I sold them last week, so that'll be one empty pen.

Tonight, I need to fill in the forms for next months auction, as I'll be selling the Wyandottes and Old English Game. If they sell before, I have 6 young Old English Game girls that'll be ready to sell, so they'll go in the auction instead. I am hoping to get a few Pekins to get some of our breeding groups up and really need a Silkie and Silver Sebright girl to go with our lonely boys.. I also have my eye on a couple of other breeds I've not had before, so fingers crossed for that. Got to be up nice an early for it tomorrow and I would just like to publicly thank my beautiful wife for all the running around she does for me (I don't drive).

2 comments: