Thursday 14 February 2013

Incubator 2 hatch finished and set for the next lot

Sorry for no blog post yesterday, I've not been well. It's one of the downsides of being a poultry breeder I guess, doesn't matter how ill I am, I still have work to do. Incubator 2 hatched completed overnight, as I woke up this morning with the last 2 pipped eggs having hatched (Cuckoo Pekin and Red Saddled Yokohama), 2 eggs didn't hatch, Lemon Millifluer Sablepoot and 1 of the Welsummer Bantam eggs), still 16 out of 18 isn't bad. All the chicks are now out in the brooder, incubator cleaned out, disinfected and set again with the following eggs:

6 Gold Dutch Bantams
1 Lemon Millifluer Sablepoot
5 Buff Pekin
1 Lavender Pekin
4 Cuckoo Pekin
1 Crele Pekin
1 White Pekin
2 Black Pekin
2 Old English Game Bantams

And I have left room for tomorrow's eggs plus, I am expecting 10 Serama and 2 Sebright eggs in the mail tomorrow (egg swap!)

Sadly, we lost one of our Gold Partridge Pekin girls yesterday, no idea what was wrong with her, so seemed fine the day before, but seeing as she was the only one with the cockerel (the other girl is with the Crele boy), I've put the Partrdige Cockerel into my "Spare Cockerel House" with the Silkie, Silver Sebright  and Silver Birchin Pekin. Give the house a very good scrub out and disinfected it.  I will brush loads of diatom into all the nooks and cranny's tomorrow, so that the house may be ready to use again at the weekend,



Candled the eggs in Incubator 1 again this evening and all are developing well except 1 Crele Pekin and 1 Sablepoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment