Friday 1 February 2013

Incubator 1 - Hatch day 3

Managed to hatch 14 out of 15. 1 Crele pekin was DIS after internally pipping :( The last 3 (2 silkies and 1 crele pekin) are still in the incubator, but will be going out with their brothers and sisters in about an hour or so..be nice to have a peaceful night with no cheeping (Incubator number 1 is in our bedroom). Incubator number 2 is in a cupboard downstairs as the fan can be a bit noisy. I'll probably set Incubator 1 again tomorrow with a mixture of our eggs, I currently have 22 eggs to go in there, a mix of sablepoots, cuckoo pekin, crele pekin, light sussex bantams + 1 wyandotte eggs and 1 black pekin which laid yesterday. Would've been nice to have some legbar eggs to go in there, but I think the weather we've had over the last couple of weeks has put a stop to most of our birds that are outside...I've not even had an egg from the Light Sussex bantam for 3 days!.

10 more days til the next hatch, by which time, the chicks in brooder 1 will be around 6 weeks old and may go outside if the weather is good, if not, they'll go in a hutch in the shed.

Nothing else to report other than cleaning out the silver partridge and black pekins and adding to the roof for the pens with my friesian fowl, millifluer pekins and oeg bantams. The only other thing is me being a tit and falling down the stairs yesterday with a cup of coffee in my hand and fag in my mouth. I managed to keep the fag in my mouth, but the coffee didn't fair as well...lets just say my clothing had a good drink!!!!!!...got a few bumps and bruises, but luckily nothing too bad. I  can honestly say that it is the first time I have fallen down the stairs since I was about 3!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment