Tuesday 8 January 2013

Yay!...I got a blog

Hello and welcome to our blog. I will start by introducing myself. My name is Mike and I am the owner of Horndean Hens. A poultry breeder in Horndean, Hampshire.

Well you may think keeping chickens is easy.....not when you've got 100-200 birds split into 20+ breeding groups, grower pens and chick brooders!. That's a lot of feeding, cleaning and caring for the birds well-being.In fact it is a full time job!

That is why I thought I would create this blog... To give you an insight into my poultry life. Not that my whole life is poultry based!. I have a beautiful wife who is a fantastic author, please feel free to view her blog here: http://charmainmitchell.blog.co.uk

Between us, we have 8....YES EIGHT!!!! children....no wonder I spend some much time with the birds!

We mainly breed Pekin Bantams, but we keep and breed others too. I'll introduce you to our birds in the next post.

www.horndeanhens.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment