Wednesday 30 January 2013

Well.......I couldn't help myself, could I?

So much for not opening the incubator until the hatch is done....had to open it this morning. Both blue Wyandotte bantams have hatched so far, and most of the others are pipped and cheeping away :)

Not impressed with the heat lamp bulbs I bought. I got them from swell reptiles, thought it was a bargain and £3.49 each for 100w infra red heat bulbs, but I put one in the new brooder this morning to make sure it's ready for the chicks and it went within 5 minutes!!!!...So, not having an spare, I have had to remove the bulb from the other brooder with the 3 week olds in it.replace that with a 60w fire-glow bulb and the brinsea ecoglow electric hen in there. I'm not keen on using the ecoglow this early in the year as it doesn't give off much heat.


Had another roofing sheet ripped off with the wind last night :(, I don't think I'm going to replace them though, I'll just wait until I do the new pens and they'll be roofed properly instead of the "quick, slam it up" job I'd done before.

No comments:

Post a Comment