Friday 11 January 2013

Just a typical Friday

I set the incubator last night with 31 eggs from our birds, all test hatches to check fertility. In the incubator, I have Lavender Pekins, LIght Sussex Bantam, Silver Partridge Pekin, Some ixed pekin which could come out any colour!, Crele Pekin, White Silkies (not hopeful on these. don't think my cockerel is up to the job yet!), Lemon Millifluer Sablepoot...again, not sure about the cockerel, but hopefully, I'll be replacing him tomorrow. Indian Game and a couple of blue Wyandotte bantams. Will update in a few days when I've candled them

The other incubator is due to hatch early next week, only has 4 eggs in it through (all test hatches), again, another mixed pekin, silver partrdige pekin and a couple of OEG.

Today is a cleaning day for me, have to clean out the cages in the shed...that's the lemon millifluer Sablepoots, Crele, Cuckoo and Silver Partridge Pekin, OEG Bantams and White Silkies. On top of that, need to scrape the mud off the floor of the shed and genereally tidy it up.

Also managed last night to source myself a pair of White Crested Polish Bantams, so they'll be added to my flock next weekend when I pick them up.

Checked the forecast on the met office site this morning and looks like we're in for some freezing weather...so make sure you empty your drinkers at night!, nothing worse than frozen water to split the plastic drinkers and they birds don't have much fun with it either!!

No comments:

Post a Comment