Thursday 16 May 2013

New brooder is work in progress

Shed before I started today
I have started work on the new brooder. I started to making a 7 foot long worktop to go in the shed and have made the frame, back and sides for the new brooder, which measures 4 foot by 2.5 foot. This will be the second stage brooder, where I'll put the chicks from 2-3 weeks old and will have raised platforms for feeders and drinkers and some low perches for them to hop on and off. I plan on attaching a first stage brooder next to it. But that will have to wait a while, as I'll need to buy materials for it. This will be followed by breeding cages/off heat brooders underneath.  I also need to think of storage, so will be putting shelving up on the other side and ends of the shed. Other than that, I have cut the grass in the front garden and plan on taking down the horrible blue fence around it tomorrow morning before finishing off the brooder, then tidying up the garden.
Eggs are still a bit thin on the ground but I did have the following today
1 Turkey
2 Lavender Pekin
1 Millifluer Pekin
1 Friesian Fowl
I don't know if the ducks are laying, but I haven't found an egg yet


Shed when I finished today




No comments:

Post a Comment