Thursday 9 May 2013

A blustery day and a cat burglar!

 My wife and I got woken up at 5 AM this morning by the boys running in the room, both holding feeble bits of wood to tell us that "A cat has broken in and fighting with our 2". So downstairs we trundle, front room is a right tip (wasn't too tidy anyway because of the move) and the kitchen was upside down with the taps running on the sink!. The cat burglar had got in through a window in the pantry that we had left open and had obviously left the same way too. Anyway, we shut up the window and went back to bed, when we got up in the morning to get the kids up for school, Gyspy decided to think that I was the other cat coming down the stairs and started to growl like a tiger!.

It's incredibly windy today, 3 times it has blown the roof of my triple hen house!...In the end I managed to find some bungee cords to hold it down, as there is no point screwing the hinges on it now only to take them off again on Saturday to move it. It's also ripped some of the felt off the shed. Needless to say, I'm not too fussed about not fixing it :)

We've had a bit of a busy day running about getting things today. My B&Q Vouchers came, so I managed to get a new drill and circular saw, which I'll be needing to make the new set up and brooders :). I have also ordered 12 Runner Duck eggs and hope to order 6 East Indian Duck eggs later tonight, so they can all be sent on monday and hopefully have Incubator 1 up and running by Wednesday with these eggs and we'll filll it up with eggs from our Call Ducks.

This may be the last proper post until Wednesday, I don't know what the mobile blogger is like, but I'll try to let you all know what's going on over those few days.

Eggs have been rubbish today, maybe due to the rain and wind??. We've only had:
1 Call Duck
1 Turkey
1 Friesian Fowl
1 Millifluer Pekin

No comments:

Post a Comment