Tuesday 7 May 2013

Aaaargh!!!!! - No internet for 5 days :O

I'm going to be offline from Friday til Wednesday when they install Sky in our new house, so until then, I'll try to update my blog (no pics) through my phone or see if I can find an unsecured network :).

Have been bust sorting out again today and doing loads of washing (I can be domesticated). I managed to get the growers house down and all dismantled. We're almost there now, just the 2 boys rooms to sort out tomorrow, then will be the last bits on Friday. We have the van from Friday evening, so will load up as much as we can before it gets dark on friday, then hopefully on Saturday morning, there won't be too much lifting before I've woken up properly (has at least 3 cups of coffee lol).

The closer  comes, the more excited I am getting (maybe it's got something to do with me itching to get the incubators back on?). I've got a lot of work ahead of me to make the new pens and houses and duck enclosures. I also want to make a small "breeding" pen for ducks, so I can separate my White Call Ducks and try to hatch some pure white from them. I am also keeping an eye out for eggs now that I'd like shipped out on Monday so I can get the incubator running by Wednesday. I'm looking for some East Indian Ducks, Miniature Silver Appleyards and White Runners, but I am also considering Cayuga's and keeping an eye out for some reasonably priced Carolina's

On the egg front, today we have had:
1 Call Duck
1 Turkey
2 Buff Pekin
2 Lavender Pekin
1 Milliflluer Pekin
1 Friesian Fowl




No comments:

Post a Comment